Powered By Blogger

Thursday 19 January 2012

Let me ask you a question?

Kids ask the greatest questions. Why don't all the seas run down to the bottom of the world? Why doesn't my dog talk? What's that little dangly thing at the back of my throat? Why is the sky blue? Is there a McDonald's in heaven? As we get older, we either figure out the answers or -- more often -- simply stop asking the questions. But many of us love Quizzes, whether that’s a show on the telly like “Who is the Weakest Link?” Or popping along to the local pub for a Quiz night to test our general knowledge!

I don’t know about you but I think questions are good, especially asking what I called the big questions of life! Many of us just don’t  make the time or we are sometimes afraid to ask these questions because we don’t really want to know the answer especially if we are really don’t know what the answers are and how they in turn might affect we live! What about the question “Who am I?” Now that’s a big one, in fact, it leads to a long list of related questions. Here are a few:
  • What are the distinctive things that make me "me"?
  • How do I want people to see me?
  • How can I express my many different sides?
  • How can I reinvent myself for various purposes or times in my life?
  • How am I changing from day to day or year to year?
  • Who do I want to become?
The answer to this question is caught up in the whole issue of identity, how do develop our identity, I guess for many of us this is expressed in what we do, or the clothes we wear, maybe in the music we listen to! Many today are researching our family tree so we can find out where come from – will this help me to know who am I today?
For me finding our true identity comes not primarily from within but from outside ourselves, knowing who I am and discovering what God thinks of me gives me a strong sense of identity. Knowing that I am in right relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ really does make all the difference to who I am!

No comments:

Post a Comment